|Principles of Chemistry 1 Hybrid
Minneapolis Community and Tech College
Withdrawing: Click HERE first.
Schedule a tutor
|Office Hours (S-3580)
Tuesday: 12:00 - 2:00 PM
Wednesday: 2:00 - 4:30 PM
Kirk's Weekly Schedule
Online Office Hours: TBA
Adobe Connect click HERE
Instructor: Kirk Boraas
E1 Online D2L 1/31 or 2/1 7 - 9 PM
E2 On-Campus 3/1 6 - 9 PM Rm S-1400
E3 Online D2L 4/4 or 4/5 7 - 9 PM
E4 On-Campus 5/3 6 - 9 PM Rm L-3000
Optional Final 5/9 6 - 9 PM Rm S-3400
Exams and Answers:
|Previous Daily Postings and Videos
Week 1 & 2 Week 3 & 4 NEW: Week 5 & 6 Week 7 & 8 || Week 9 & 10 Week 11 & 12 Week 13 & 14 Week 15 & 16
|February 19, 2018 Monday
Chapter 6 Energy
|Study Questions: (Source)|
1. Which of the following is a conversion from chemical energy to
a. Coal is burned to boil water.
b. Food is digested and used to regulate body temperature.
c. Charcoal is burned in a barbecue grill.
d. All of the above
e. None of the above.
2. Which of the following is the best example of increasing an
object's potential energy?
a. Rolling a bowling ball
b.Turning on a light bulb
c. Stretching a rubber band
d. Dropping a pencil
An object that has kintic energy must be... a.
Lifted above the earth's surface b. In
motion c. At rest d. No
answers are correct.|
4. Thermal energy is ..... a. Kinetic b. Potential c. Both kinetic and potential d. Neither kinetic nor potential
5. Sound energy is ...
a. The energy of a compound that changes as its atoms are rearranged to form new compounds.
b. The total energy of the particles that make up an object
c. The energy caused by an object's vibrations
d. Energy of motion.
6. Which of the following converts chemical energy to mechanical energy? a. Human b. Car c. Motor boat d. All answers are correct
7. As height increases so does ... a. Thermal Energy b. Mechanical energy c. Kinetic energy d. Potential energy
8. Which of the following are chemical potential energy? a. gasoline b. Snickers bar c. new AA battery d. money
9. According to the law of conservation of energy, in theory, a bouncy ball should never stop bouncing.
However, we know that it eventually stops. Where does the energy go?
a. Some energy is converted into sound energy
b. Some energy is converted into heat energy.
c. Some energy is converted into light energy
d. Some energy is converted into nuclear energy.
10. The law of ________________________ states that energy cannot be created or destroyed.
a. Conservation of mass b. Conservation of energy c. Conservation of momentum d. Conservation of quanta
11. When you eat a meal, where does the energy go?
a. your motion b. heat c. chemical energy storage d. light
Click and drag below for answers.
1. d 2. c 3. b 4. a 5. c 6. d 7. d 8. a, b, and c 9. a and b 10. b 11. a, b, and c